Lead – Fabrication Laboratory Operations and Business Development The Lead for Fabrication Laboratory Operations and Business Development is responsible for overseeing both the programming and operation of a Fabrication Laboratory (Fab Lab), as well as driving business growth through membership development and outreach initiatives. This individual will be the main point of contact for designers, engineers, and fabricators, ensuring they have the resources they need to be successful.
Scope of the job
Including but not limited to
● Writing code for digital fabrication tools, including 3D printers, laser cutters, and CNC machines
● Debugging and testing code to ensure proper function and meeting project specifications
● Training users on the proper use of digital fabrication tools and equipment
● Overseeing the maintenance and repair of digital fabrication tools and equipment
● Supervising a team of technicians and support staff
● Developing and implementing processes and procedures for efficient use of the Fab Lab
● Managing budgets and financial resources to operate within budget constraints
● Providing technical support to users, including troubleshooting and problem resolution
● Ensuring the Fab Lab is equipped with the latest tools and technologies
● Developing and executing a membership drive strategy to increase membership and bring in new business
● Networking with potential customers and partners in the local community to promote the Fab Lab and its services
● BE/BTech degree
● Knowledge of digital fabrication techniques and tools, such as 3D printing and laser cutting
● Experience in operations management and leadership, with a proven track record of managing budgets and personnel
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a talent for business development and relationship-building
● Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure
● Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Location: Palakkad, India.