Jeena Thomas, received the B.Tech degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India in 2009 and M.E degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, India in 2012. She has nine years of teaching experience.
Presently, she is a Ph.D scholar in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam, India. Her Ph.D work is supervised by Dr. Ebin Deni Raj, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIIT Kottayam and is supported by the fellowship of IIT Palakkad Technology IHub Foundation. Her area of research includes computer vision and object detection.
- Best Paper Award for the paper titled “Predicting College Students Failure using Educational Data Mining”,2nd International Conference on emerging trends in Technology and Applied Sciences, ICETTAS, 2015.
- MTech Project under her supervision “A Combined Approach of Deep CNN and RNN for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolism from CTA Images in Radiology “secured first prize for best project in PG level in YUKTHI 2019, held at St. Joseph’s College of Engineering and Technology, Palai, Kerala, 2019.
- Reviewer of 2nd International Conference on Innovative Trends in Information Technology, (ICITIIT-21)
- Reviewer of International Conference on Innovative Trends in Information Technology (ICITIIT-20)
- Elite Certificate for “Introduction to Research”, NPTEL Online Certification, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, 2019
- Reviewer and Session In-Charge of Global Colloquium in Recent Advancement and Effectual Researches in Engineering, Science and Technology (RAEREST 2016)
- Received appointment offer from Cognizant Technology Solutions India Private Ltd. (Campus Placement)
Details of Publications
- Jeena Thomas, Ebin Deni Raj “Deep Learning and Multimodal Artificial Neural Network Architectures for Disease Diagnosis and Clinical Applications” Machine Learning and Deep Learning in Efficacy Improvement of Healthcare Systems, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis. [Accepted]
- Jeena Thomas, Ebin Deni Raj “Effectual Single Image Dehazing with Color Correction Transform and Dark Channel Prior” 16th International Conference on Information Processing (IcInPro-2021), India, Springer CCIS Proceedings [Accepted].
- Ruchika Sreedhar, Jeena Thomas, Ebin Deni Raj “Detection of Chest Catheters using Mask R-CNN” IEEE Smart Gen 2021, Pune Section, India [Accepted]
- Neetha George, Jeena Thomas. “Forecasting the Peak Demand Days of Chronic Respiratory Diseases with Fuzzy Logic.” In 2018 International Conference on Circuits and Systems in Digital Enterprise Technology (ICCSDET), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2018. [Scopus Indexed]
- Neetha George, and Jeena Thomas. “Authenticating Communication of Autonomous Vehicles with Artificial Intelligence.” In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 396, no. 1, p. 012017. IOP Publishing, 2018. [Scopus Indexed]
- Athira, V., and Jeena Thomas. “An Approach of RDD Optimization in Big Data Analytics.” In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 396, no. 1, p. 012022. IOP Publishing, 2018. [Scopus Indexed]
- Priyamol James, Jeena Thomas, and Neena Alex. “A survey on Soft Biometrics and their Application in Person Recognition at a Distance.” In 2015 International Conference on Soft-Computing and Networks Security (ICSNS), pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2015. [Scopus Indexed]
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam, Kerala, India