About NM-ICPS and TIH-ICS
The Union Cabinet approved the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) to be implemented by DST with a total outlay of Rs.3660 crore for a period of five years. The Mission aims to create a strong foundation and a seamless ecosystem for CPS technologies by coordinating and integrating nation wide efforts encompassing knowledge generation, translation research, technology and product
development, human resource development, innovation & commercialization standards and international collaborations. To this end, a TIH on Intelligent Collaborative System (TIH-ICS) has been established at Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
About IIT Palakkad
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are autonomous public institutions of national importance for higher education in engineering, science and technology. IIT Palakkad was announced by the Government of India in 2014, and began with a headstart in the very next academic year, 2015-16, with the support of IIT Madras. The academic program was launched by admitting students to the B. Tech. course in the disciplines of Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. IIT Palakkad can already boast of a vibrant student and faculty community drawn from different parts of the country; it has truly emerged as a microcosm of India.
About the Company
IIT Palakkad has established IIT Palakkad Technology IHub Foundation (IPTIF) to facilitate the Technology Innovation Hub on Intelligent Collaborative Systems (TIH-ICS) setup at IIT Palakkad by NM-ICPS coordinated by the DST, Govt. of India. TIH-ICS, through IPTIF, plans to attract potential and harness expertise available nationwide, thus fostering research innovation, world-class technology and product development.
IPTIF also plans to build linkages with research institutes and labs within and outside India. One of the primary goals of this company is to work in close collaboration with the industry to deliver commercial technology and products and build a vibrant innovation ecosystem by providing a reliable platform for technology-based start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Scope of the job
Including but not limited to:
- Development of control and estimation algorithms using a mobile robot or a network of robots.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in CSE/EE/ECE/IN or a related field with strong fundamentals of control systems. Knowledge of working with microcontrollers, experience with robotics, usage of various actuators, sensors, and communication protocols and Linux is desirable.
- Worked on at least 1-2 projects related to control of robotics.
- Experience in building prototype robots is a plus.
Knowledge & exposure
- Knowledge of working with microcontrollers for robotics and Linux is desirable.
- Strong fundamentals of control systems.
Emoluments & Other Terms
- Consolidated monthly emolument in the range Rs. 28,000 – 50,000/-; the exact amount will be fixed based on experience and skill-set.
- The selected candidate will have to join at the earliest.
Interested aspirants can send their updated resume and experience certificates to https://forms.gle/kbLMoMhP6ehu98FE6 on or before 20 May 2022.
IPTIF reserves the right to change the cut-off qualifications and experience for calling the candidates for an interview.
Note that the application portal will be closed as soon as we find the right candidate. Therefore, you are encouraged to send in your application at the earliest.
For any queries, please write to [email protected]