About NM-ICPS and TIH-ICS
The Union Cabinet approved the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) to be implemented by DST with a total outlay of Rs.3660 crore for a period of five years. The Mission aims to create a strong foundation and a seamless ecosystem for CPS technologies by coordinating and integrating nation wide efforts encompassing knowledge generation, translation research, technology and product
development, human resource development, innovation & commercialization standards and international collaborations. To this end, a TIH on Intelligent Collaborative System (TIH-ICS) has been established at Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad
About IIT Palakkad
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are autonomous public institutions of national importance for higher education in engineering, science and technology. IIT Palakkad was announced by the Government of India in 2014, and began with a headstart in the very next academic year, 2015-16, with the support of IIT Madras. The academic program was launched by admitting students to the B. Tech. course in the disciplines of Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. IIT Palakkad can already boast of a vibrant student and faculty community drawn from different parts of the country; it has truly emerged as a microcosm of India.
About the Company
IIT Palakkad has established IIT Palakkad Technology IHub Foundation (IPTIF) to facilitate the Technology Innovation Hub on Intelligent Collaborative Systems (TIH-ICS) setup at IIT Palakkad by NM-ICPS coordinated by the DST, Govt. of India. TIH-ICS, through IPTIF, plans to attract potential and harness expertise available nationwide, thus fostering research innovation, world-class technology and product development.
IPTIF also plans to build linkages with research institutes and labs within and outside India. One of the primary goals of this company is to work in close collaboration with the industry to deliver commercial technology and products and build a vibrant innovation ecosystem by providing a reliable platform for technology-based start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Scope of the job
Including but not limited to:
- Supervision of lab equipment usage, ensuring safety to user and equipment
- Operation of some of the tools and equipment
- Undergo and provide training on usage of lab equipment
- Coordinate purchases and maintenance related to the lab equipment
- Coordinate equipment utilization schedule for the projects
- Maintain safe storage of portable equipment and tools
- Maintain inventory of tools, consumables and equipment
- Contribute to skill training workshops
- Diploma, ITI, Polytechnic or equivalent
- Minimum 03 years experience in handling several of the following: CNC routers, 3D printers, vertical milling, laser cutting, soldering, general workshop processes (drilling, grinding, cutting, filing), post-processing, painting, assembly, quality checking, etc
Knowledge & Exposure
- Communication skills – nominal written and verbal communication in English.
- Computer skills – word, excel, emails, scanning, printing, softwares related to 3D printing and computer controlled fabrication.
Emoluments & Other Terms
- Consolidated monthly emolument in the range Rs. 25,000 – 35,000/-; the exact amount will be fixed based on experience and skill-set.
- The selected candidate will have to join at the earliest.
Interested aspirants can apply by visiting the following Google form on or before 27 January 2022.
Apply at https://forms.gle/QccV2dQitxhKgBsX7
IPTIF reserves the right to change the cut-off qualifications and experience for calling the candidates for an interview.
Note that the application portal will be closed as soon as we find the right candidate.
Therefore, you are encouraged to send in your application at the earliest.
For any queries, please write to [email protected].